We were tasked to make a 5-minute Soundwalk for Communications Lab, and we chose to do one with a journey in mind. We imagined a route across the globe, with our hometowns as stops, which ended in our new home; New York City. With nostalgic sounds of each of the places we hail from, Busan in South Korea, Lahore in Pakistan, and San Fransisco Bay Area in the US, and a refreshing, hopeful ending with sounds that immortalise New York City, our soundwalk is an emotion stirrer.
The soundwalk was planned on a Google Sheet:
– Sound edition for Lahore, Pakistan in Track 1-Journey
– Sound edition for entire Track 2 -MTA (Train) and Track 3 -Home (NYC subway and street)
– Story narration for Lahore, Pakistan
– Sound edition for Bay Area, US in Track 1-Journey
– Story narration for Bay Area, US
– Production of the map inside Tisch School of the Arts at 721 Broadway
– Sound edition for Busan, South Korea in Track 1-Journey
– Sound edition for Intro
– Story narration for Busan, South Korea, Intro and Ending
– Remapping and combining of entire tracks
We used Adobe Audition to edit sound, this is what the formatting looked like:
And the soundwalk also incorporated an instructional map:
Here, have a listen!